Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Public Art

Tom and I got our marriage license today. Whoo hoo!

The Alameda County Clerk-Recorder's office has such great art. Of course, I can't go anywhere and not pay attention to the art. Here were some of the artist's that stood out for me: Lisa Kokin. She's got a great website as well. Plus, Christine Wong Yap, she's got a blog and writing that I want to read.

Tom and I had dinner at Delfina. Excellent food. We're a bit on the critical side. It's nice to enjoy such wonderful food. Of course, more art I was interested in: Gregg Renfrow. His work includes pigment dissolved in polymer medium applied to translucent sheets of cast acrylic.

We had some yummy tastings of ice cream at Bi-Rite Creamery. We accidently went into the Bi-Rite Market at first. I would love one of those in our neighborhood!

Afterwards, we went to a birthday party at a friend's house and met someone who told me about Climate Theater. They have show and tells, where you can bring in slides of your artwork and talk about it for $5 or less, if you bring food. Their next event is April 13 from 2-4. What a great place to practice speaking about your work. They mentioned you can bring work in progress as well. Sounds like something that would be good for me.

No comments: