Friday, July 18, 2008

Online Training Recommendation + More

I've been hiding out a bit… from writing lately… working on developing a site design for Alameda Women Artists. It's funny how I've been working on this site development… I've worked on it, shown it, put it down, come back to it, shown it again, put it down, come back to it again and then it clicks. Just a friendly reminder that process takes time and other people's input can be very valuable, especially when it's a project for a group.

I'm on the board now for the AWA and am really enjoying them. I had suggested we listen to an interview by Alyson B. Stanfield of Peggy Klaus on her book Brag! The Art of Tooting Your Own Horn Without Blowing It for our meeting last night. I have listened to it almost three times and what really stood out for me is how well Alyson B. Stanfield brags about herself in a natural, conversational manner. She mentions her own book and how it relates to the interview. It's of value to the conversation. I think when we don't share or brag about ourselves it's never known what impact there would have been. It reminds me of this quote from Martha Graham to Agnes de Mille which is also mentioned in Carol Lloyd's book Creating a Life Worth Living.

I'm having a fabulous time on www.lynda.com for $25 a month every chance I can get. Great creative inspiration and online training. I'm working through the coding movies now and am looking forward to their WordPress movie as well.

Thank you Tom for the prodding for me to post.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leah, I'm so glad you found value in that recording. Three times is amazing! I hope it gives you a huge boost.

Leah Virsik said...

Alyson, thanks for your comment. You are definitely an invaluable resource. Yes, the recording is helpful. Thanks also for your article on using your name for your art business http://artbizcoach.com/dothis/2008/useyourname.html
It's something I was already thinking about and you helped confirm my thoughts.